Woodhall Spa is on the River Witham, half way between Lincoln & Boston, 6 miles southwest of Horncastle and about 122 miles north of London. Stixwould parish lies to the west. The parish covers about 2,150 acres.
In the village, most of the houses are quite substantial, built about 1900 when Woodhall was a fashionable Spa. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the B1192 trunk road north out of Coningsby or the B1191 south out of Horncastle.
- Check out the Woodhall Spa Parish Council site for pictures and current events.
- See our touring page for more sources.
- The village of Woodhall Spa has two artful, but different signs to greet you. Here are several photographs of the two different village signs, provided by Patricia McCRORY (who retains the copyrights):
You can see pictures of Woodhall which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Woodhall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF190630 (Lat/Lon: 53.150853, -0.222021), Woodhall which are provided by: