Touring and Holidays
For folks on holiday (or "vacation" as it's called in the States), there are a number of excellent resources listing places to stay, restaurants, things to see and do, etc.
- A site that is good for all Lincolnshire is the Lincsuk site. Check out their "photo" tab.
- If you are visiting Louth or the nearby coast, then visit the East Lindsey District Council site and click on the tab "Visiting East Lindsey". You can also e-mail them at: East Lindsey Tourism.
- If your trip takes you further north, then see the North Lincolnshire Council site and select the category that interests you.
- Another site for the north is the Visit North Lincolnshire site.
- Looking for a nice meal and a pint? The Pub List for Lincolnshire may be just the thing.
- Need help planning transportation? See our Trains, Bus Service, Caravan and Car Hire page.
- Caravan sites are popular - here's another online resource: Caravan Camping Sites.
- A fairly new site for Caravan sites is: Caravan Sitefinder.
- Caravan parks in the Skegness area can be found at Skegness Online.
- Looking to stay in a cottage? Try Cottage Guide.
- Or arrange your accomodation through Smoothhound.
- If horseback riding is on your holiday list, then check out Horse-Web.
- Haven't played all the Golf courses in Lincolnshire yet? Then visit Golf Europe.
- Are you a walker or hiker? Get information from The British Walking Federation.
- There are also some commercial sites interested in collecting your euros, dollars and sheckles: Tour UK.
- For packaged and self-drive tours, check out TouristNet UK.
- Finally, don't forget to visit the Lincs, Links site for travel planning information.