St Pancras Soper-lane
"ST. PANCRAS, the church of, stood before the fire of London, on the north side of St. Pancras-lane, Queen-street, Cheapside, but was united by act of parliament to that of St. Mary-le-Bow and not rebuilt." [James Elmes. A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Environs (1831) - transcribed by Brian Randell]
This parish - no. 44 in the above map - is located in Cheap Ward.
The church was destroyed in 1666 and not rebuilt.
The parish was later united with St Mary le Bow 1670.
London Metropolitan Archive holdings for St Pancrass Soper Lane.
Online Parish Register Images and Indexes for St Pancras Soper-lane parish are provided by, or at various subscription sites via, the FamilySearch wiki.
No non-Church of England denominations have been identified for St Mary le Bow and St Pancras Soper Lane with All Hallows Honey Lane [LDS FamilySearch Wiki].
Bannerman, W. Bruce. The Registers of St. Mary Le Bowe, Cheapside, All Hallows, Honey Lane, and of St. Pancras, Soper Lane, London , Vol. 45, Harleian Society Vol. 45 (1915) 260pp. [Full text]
Wikipedia page on St Pancras Soper-lane.
Keene, D.J. and Harding, Vanessa. Historical Gazetteer of London Before the Great Fire Cheapside; Parishes of All Hallows Honey Lane, St Martin Pomary, St Mary Le Bow, St Mary Colechurch and St Pancras Soper Lane, Centre for Metropolitan History, London (1987) [Full text - British History Online]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St Pancras Soper-lane to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which St Pancras Soper-lane has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Public Houses, Inns & Taverns of the parish of St Pancras Soper-lane - provides "information from census records, trade directories, etc."
Plan of the Parish of St Pancras Soper Lane in 1791 from COLLAGE, the London Picture Archive.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ325811 (Lat/Lon: 51.513301, -0.092215), St Pancras Soper-lane which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Surnames from the 1881 census in the St Pancras Soper Lane district.
Clerical career summaries for the parish of St Mary Le Bow And St Pancras Soper Lane With All Hallows Honey Lane, from the Clergy of the Church of England Database website.