Hide

Finsbury parishes in 1903

hide
Hide
Hide

List from "A map of the Ecclesiastical Divisions within the County of London, 1903" published by Edward Stanford of London, reprinted as a facsimile by the London Topographical Society. Parishes within the rural deanery of Finsbury in 1903 are listed under the historic parish of which they are sub-divisions. They are in the Archdeaconry of London, and Diocese of London. We have an expanded version of the 1903 list - showing dates of creation of parishes, and the name used for the records in the London Metroplitan Archives, also an Outline map of Parishes in 1903, and a list of other deaneries.

Clerkenwell, St James, Clerkenwell

  • St James, Pentonville
  • St Mark, Myddelton Square
  • St Paul, Pear Tree Street, Goswell Road
  • St Peter, St John Street Road
  • St Philip, Granville Square
  • Holy Redeemer
  • St John the Baptist, St John Square

St Luke, Old Street

  • St Barnabas, King Square
  • St Clement, Lever Street, City Road
  • St Mary, Charterhouse, Golden Lane
  • St Matthew, City Road
  • St Paul, Finsbury, Bunhill Row
  • St Thomas, Charterhouse, Goswell Road
  • Merchant Taylors' Chapel

Extra parochial place within this geographic area

  • Charterhouse