Anglican churches of Fulham in 1890/1903
List from "A map of the Ecclesiastical Divisions within the County of London, 1903" published by Edward Stanford of London, reprinted as a facsimile by the London Topographical Society. Parishes within the rural deanery of Fulham in 1903 are listed in alphabetical order. Other churches and chapels and much information on the foundation and destiny of churches and parishes has been supplied by John Henley. They are in the Archdeaconry of Middlesex, and the Diocese of London. We have a list of other deaneries.
If you go to FamilySearch and Browse > Browse Library Catalogue > Placename Search and select Fulham, Middlesex ] > Church Records and Church Records-Indexes, you will see a list of all the LDS film holdings. Batch numbers are on the archived version of this site http://nzsghamilton.co.nz/BNlondon1.htm and also IGI Batch Numbers, Middlesex and London, places A to M and
IGI Batch Numbers, Middlesex and London, places N to Z provided by Hugh Wallis. Some churches may appear on the BVRI rather than the IGI. If on the IGI or BVRI then the LDS has a film of the registers.[which may not be complete]. Registers should be with London Metropolitan Archives, (LMA) Northampton Row, if not still at church.
All Saints, Church Street or Church Gate [before 1154] church still open
see ALL SAINTS, FULHAM PALACE ROAD, FULHAM PALACE ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA; microfilm of registers with Hammersmith and Fulham Archives
Parish is no. 10 on outline map
Christ Church [Peterborough House Mission 1900, parish 1903] (Studdridge Street) - still open
see CHRIST CHURCH, FULHAM, STUDDRIDGE STREET, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers from 1901 at LMA
not shown on 1903 outline map but near or part of no. 11 St Dionis
St Andrew, May Street, Fulham Fields (St.Andrew's Road/Star Road)- [1874 - was Mission District 1868] still open
see SAINT ANDREW, WEST KENSINGTON, SAINT ANDREW'S ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA
Parish is no. 5 on outline map
St Augustine, Lillie Road [1901, was Lillie Road Mission 1887] bombed 1944, worship in church hall until 1997, closed, parish united with St. Alban's.
see SAINT AUGUSTINE, FULHAM, LILLIE ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA; Duplicate Marriage registers 1956-1989 Hammersmith and Fulham Archives
Parish is no. 4 on outline map
St Clement, Fulham Palace Road/Crabtree Lane [1886, was Mission District 1883] demolished 1974, replaced, parish united to St.Etheldreda 1974, still open,
registers retained, there is a church website
Parish is no. 2 on outline map
St Dionis, Parson's Green [1885, was Mission 1876] built from the proceeds of the sale of St.Dionis Backchurch in the City, contains many fittings from that church. - still open.
see SAINT DIONIS, PARSONS GREEN, FULHAM for registers at LMA
Parish is no. 11 on outline map
St Etheldreda (Fulham Palace Road/Doneraile Street) [1897, was Mission District 1894], bombed 1940, rebuilt 1958 - still open,
registers retained, there is a church website
Parish is no. 7 on outline map
St James, Moor Park [1868, Mission District 1864] - destroyed by fire 1970s - parish united to St.John Walham Green. church closed
see SAINT JAMES, FULHAM, MAXWELL ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA
Parish is no. 12 on outline map
St Mary, Hammersmith Road, North End (Edith Road) [1835, Chapel of Ease 1813] bombed WW2 & rebuilt -still open.
see SAINT MARY, WEST KENSINGTON, HAMMERSMITH ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA
Parish is no. 1 on outline map
St Matthew, Wandsworth Bridge Road/Rosebury Road [1895, Mission District 1884] demolished 1998, rebuilt - still open.
see SAINT MATTHEW, FULHAM, WANDSWORTH BRIDGE ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA
Parish is no. 13 on outline map
St Oswald, Lillie Road/St.Anselms Road [1899, Lillie Road Mission 1884] closed and demolished 1970s, parish united to St.Augustine's.
see SAINT OSWALD, ANSELM ROAD, ANSELM ROAD, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA
Parish is no. 6 on outline map
St Peter, Filmer Road/Reporton Road [1883, Mission District 1881] - still open
see SAINT PETER, FULHAM, SAINT PETER'S TERRACE, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM for registers at LMA
Parish is no. 8 on outline map
Other institutions with Anglican chapels and/or chaplains:
- Fulham Union Workhouse and Infirmary, Fulham Palace Road [now Charing Cross Hospital];
- St.James Convent and Penitentiary, Fulham Palace Road [closed 1935];
- Fulham Wasteland and Lygon Almshouses, Fulham Palace Road;
- St.Katharine's Convent, Normand Park [bombed WW2];
- Hammersmith Cemetery, Margravine Road;
- Fulham Cemetery, Fulham Palace Road;
- Western District Hospital, Seagrave Road [now demolished];
- H.M.Women's Prison, Fulham;