Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HAREFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Elthorne, county Middlesex, 5 miles N. of Uxbridge. " (There is more of this description).
"DEWS, a hamlet in the parish of Harefield, hundred of Elthorne, in the county of Middlesex, 3 miles N. of Uxbridge. [Dews Farm is on modern map.]"
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Harefield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Harefield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ053906 (Lat/Lon: 51.604403, -0.480911), Harefield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)