Holborn St Andrew
|St Etheldreda, Ely Place, Roman Catholic|
Anglican churches in Holborn in 1903 - An expanded version of the 1903 list of parishes, showing dates of creation of parishes, and the name used for the records in the London Metropolitan Archives, and elsewhere. The ancient parishes were split into many smaller ones as London grew.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HOLBORN ST. ANDREW, a parish in the hundred of Ossulstone, and borough of Finsbury, county Middlesex. See London."
"ELY RENTS, (and Ely Place), liberties in the parish of Holborn St. Andrew, Holborn division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex. See London. [In 2003, Ely Place runs North from Holborn Circus.]
"SAFFRON HILL, a liberty in the parish of Holborn St. Andrew, Holborn division of Ossulstone hundred, county Middlesex. See London. [On 2003 street map between Hatton Garden and Farringdon Road.]"
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Holborn St Andrew to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Holborn St Andrew has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ312816 (Lat/Lon: 51.518092, -0.11048), Holborn St Andrew which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)