Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"KINGSBURY, a parish in the hundred of Gore, county Middlesex, 8 miles N.W. of St. Paul's. It is situated on the river Brent, and contains part of the village of Hyde. It is mentioned in Domesday Book as Claingesburie, and was formerly a royal manor. The land is chiefly in pasture. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £500. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London, value £90, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul's, London. The church, which is situated at the southern extremity of the parish, is supposed to stand on the site of a Roman camp. It is dedicated to All Saints, and is a very ancient structure, with some Roman bricks built into the wall. In the interior are brasses to Shepherd and his eighteen children, bearing date 1520. The parochial charities produce about £21 per annum. There is a National school."
"HYDE, a village in the parish of Kingsbury, county Middlesex, 8 miles N.W. of St. Paul's, London. [In 2003, "The Hyde" on maps.]"
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kingsbury to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kingsbury has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ193887 (Lat/Lon: 51.584538, -0.279495), Kingsbury which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)