Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LITTLE STANMORE, (or Stanmore Parva) a parish in the hundred of Gore, county Middlesex, 1 mile S.E. of Great Stanmore, and half a mile N.W. of Edgware. " (There is more of this description).
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Little Stanmore to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Little Stanmore has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ190910 (Lat/Lon: 51.605273, -0.283043), Little Stanmore which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)