Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"EDMONTON HUNDRED, one of the 6 subdivisions of county Middlesex, outside the metropolis, situated in the N.E. part of the county. It contains the parishes of Edmonton, Enfield, Hadley, South Mimms, and Tottenham. Its area is about 31,000 acres."
"ELTHORNE HUNDRED, one of the 6 hundreds of county Middlesex, situated in the western part of the county, is bounded on the N. by the county of Hertford, E. by the hundred of Gore, S. by the hundred of Isleworth, and W. by the county of Bucks. It contains the parishes of Cowley, Cranford, Great Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield, Harlington, Harmondsworth, Hayes, Hillingdon, Ickenham, Northolt, Norwood Precinct, Perrivale, and Ruislip, together comprising about 36,000 acres."
"GORE HUNDRED, one of the six subdivisions of the county of Middlesex. It is situated in the N. part of the county, and is bounded on the N. by the county of Hertford, on the E. and S. by the hundred of Ossulston, and on the W. by, the hundred of Elthorpe. It includes the parishes of Edgeware, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Hendon, Kingsbury, Pinner, and Great and Little Stanmore, comprising about 28,660 acres."
"ISLEWORTH, a hundred in county Middlesex, contains the parishes of Neston, Isleworth, and Twickenham, comprising about 9,280 acres."
"KENSINGTON, a division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county Middlesex, contains the parishes of Acton, Chelsea, Chiswick, Ealing, Fulham, Hammersmith, Kensington, Twyford Abbey, and Willesden, comprising about 19,220 acres."
"OSSULSTONE, a hundred in the county of Middlesex, situated between Brentford and the river Lea. It contains the divisions of Finsbury, Holborn, Kensington, and Tower, including London and Westminster, comprising an area of 47,950 acres. The hundred gives title of baron to the Earl of Tankerville."
"SPELTHORNE, a hundred in the county of Middlesex, contains the parishes of Ashford, East Bedfont, Feltham, Hampton, Hanworth, Laleham, Littleton, Shepperton, Staines, Stamwell, Sunbury, and Teddington, comprising an area of 23,500 acres."
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.