Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"PERIVALE, (or Greenford-parva), a parish in the hundred of Elthorne, county Middlesex, 3 miles N. of Brentford, and 4½ N. of Hounslow. It is a small agricultural parish situated on the river Brent, near the Paddington canal. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London, value £315. The church is an ancient structure with a square wooden tower. It contains several stained windows and a brass bearing date 1500; also tombs of the Lanes and Harrisons.
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Perivale to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Perivale has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ165833 (Lat/Lon: 51.536591, -0.321677), Perivale which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)