St George Hanover Square
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"ST. GEORGE HANOVER SQUARE, a parish in the city of Westminster, county Middlesex."
"PIMLICO, a parochial district, formerly a chapelry, in the parish of St. George Hanover Square, borough and city of Westminster, county Middlesex, 3 miles W. by S. of St. Paul's. It was constituted a separate ecclesiastical district by an order in council in July, 1830. It is bounded on the E. by St. James's and the Green Parks, and belongs to the Grosvenor family. " (There is more of this description).
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St George Hanover Square to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which St George Hanover Square has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ288808 (Lat/Lon: 51.511455, -0.145342), St George Hanover Square which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)