St Peter, St George in the East, Church of England
Old Gravel Lane, London Docks,
St George in the East
It was founded in 1866.
Before St Peter's Church was consecrated in 1866 services were held in the Chapel of the Good Shepherd, an iron church situated in Calvert Street (later renamed Watts Street) which was a mission church of St George-in-the-East. From January 1857 - June 1866 baptisms were solemnised in the Chapel of the Good Shepherd, and the registers for these baptisms are held with the registers for St Peter's.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)