See also the Genuki page for Staines parish in Surrey
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"STAINES, a parish, post, and market town in the hundred of Spelthorne, county Middlesex, but also containing places in the county of Surrey,6 miles S.E. of Windsor, and 18 S.W. of London. " (There is more of this description).
Description(s) from "The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland" (1868), transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003; intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Staines to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Staines has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ037700 (Lat/Lon: 51.419539, -0.510058), Staines which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)