Hide

Stepney parishes in 1903

hide
Hide
Hide

List from "A map of the Ecclesiastical Divisions within the County of London, 1903" published by Edward Stanford of London, reprinted as a facsimile by the London Topographical Society. Parishes within the rural deanery of Stepney in 1903 are listed under the historic parish of which they are sub-divisions. They are in the Archdeaconry of London, and Diocese of London. Positions of churches and approximate parish boundaries are shown on our outline map. We also have more detail on parishes and churches.

Mile End New Town, All Saints, Buxton Street

  • St Olave, Hanbury Street

Spitalfields, Christ Church, Commercial Street

  • St Mary, Church Passage, Spitalfields Square
  • St Stephen, Commercial Street

Whitechapel, St Mary, Whitechapel Road

  • St Jude, Commercial Street
  • St Mark, St Mark Street
  • St Paul, Dock Street

Limehouse, St Anne, Commercial Road

  • Ratcliff, St James, Butcher Row
  • St John the Evangelist, Aston Street
  • St Peter, Garford Street

St George's in the East, Cannon Street, with St Matthew, Pell Street

  • Christ Church, Watney Street
  • St John the Evangelist, Commercial Road
  • St Mary, Johnson Street
  • St Peter, Old Gravel Lane, London Dock

Shadwell, St Paul, High Street

Stepney, St Dunstan, High Street

  • Holy Trinity, Morgan Street, Stepney
  • Christ Church, Jamaica Street
  • St Augustine, Settle Street, Commercial Road
  • St Benet, Mile End Road
  • St Luke, Burdett Road
  • St Matthew, Commercial Road
  • St Paul, Burdett Road, Bow Common
  • St Peter, St Peter's Road
  • St Anthony, Globe Road
  • St Philip, New Road
  • St Thomas, Arbour Square

Wapping, St John, Church Street