"BAMBROUGH is a parish, comprising two chapelries and twenty-two townships, and is about eight miles long by six broad. It occupies the whole breadth of the ward from Budle Bay and Belford, to Beadnel and Ellingham, and comprises an area of 26,234 acres. Its population in 1801, was 2,935; in 1811, 3,114; in 1821, 3,342; in 1831, 3,949; in 1841, 4,237; and in 1851, 4,545 souls." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].
"BAMBROUGH, a parish in the ...... county of NORTHUMBERLAND, comprising the chapelries of Beadnell and Lucker, and the townships of Adderstone, Bambrough, Bambrouga- Castle', Bradford, Budle, Burton, Elford, Fleetham, Glororum, Hoppen, Mouson, Newham, Newstead, Outchester, Ratchwood, Shoston, Spindlestone, North Sunderland, Swinhoe, Tuggal, Warrenton, and Warnford,........." [Samuel Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 © Mel Lockie]
Included in the parish registers is North Sunderland