"BRANXTON a small parish on the borders of Scotland, comprises 1,487 acres, the property of John Collingwood, Esq., and the trustees of the late R.C. Askew, Esq. Its population in 1801, was 209; in 1811, 261; in 1821, 253; in 1831, 249; in 1841, 261; and in 1851, 248 souls. The parish possesses no dependent townships, and the manor of Branxton was anciently the property of the Selby family. The VILLAGE of Branxton is situated nine miles north-west by north of Wooler. The CHURCH, dedicated to St. Paul, is a very neat edifice occupying the site of an ancient church, which was taken down and the present structure erected, in 1849, and a cost of £470." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].
The parishe Registers also include Hepple and Thropton