"KYLOE parochial chapelry comprises the townships of Beal with Lowlin, Berrington, Buckton, Fenwick, and Kyloe, whose united area is 8,285 statute acres. The population in 1801, was 968; in 1811, 958; in 1821, 990; in 1831, 927; in 1841, 1,023; and in 1851, 1,005 souls. Coal and lime are found in this district. .... THE CHAPEL is a modern edifice, erected in 1792, on tbe south side of the old one, which was in existence previous to 1145, for we find it was confirmed in that year to the mother church of Holy Island. The living, a perpetual curacy in the archdeaconry of Lindisfarne and deanery of Norham, is returned at £96; gross income £138." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].
"KYLOE, a parish in the division of Islandshire, county Northumberland, formerly in Durham, .... contains the townships of Beal, Berrington, Buckton, Fenwick, and Kyloe......." The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Colin Hinson ©2003]