"LONG FRAMLINGTON is a chapelry, township, and village, comprising an area of 4,962 acres, and its rateable value is £2,324. Its population in 1801, was 471; in 1811, 508; in 1821, 563; in 1831, 543; in 1841, 549; and in 1851, 549 souls. The manor of Long Framlington, previous to the reign of Henry VIII., was the property of the Eslington family, on the extinction of which, the estate was sold in lots, and is now the property of the Duke of Northumberland and a number of freeholders. The land of this chapelry is generally of a good quality. On the north-western extremity is a long narrow tract containing about 1,000 acres of the wildest and most dreary moorland in the county. Here are a number of cairns composed of loose stones, and the road called the Devil's Causeway passes near this place, where there are large heaps of scoriœ, probably produced by the Romans in melting ironstone. Coal, limestone, and freestone, are the principal mineral productions" [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].
"FRAMLINGTON (LONG), a parish in the ... county of NORTHUMBERLAND, comprising the townships of Brinkburn High ward, Brinkburn Low ward, and Long Framlington, ..." [Samuel Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 © Mel Lockie]
" .........Brinkburn has been separated from the parochial chapelry of Long Framlington, with which it was returned prior to 1841." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].