"LUCKER, a chapelry, township, and small village in this [Bambrough] parish, contains 1,808 acres, the property of the Duke of Northumberland. Its annual value is £2,240 10s 2d.; and the number of its inhabitants in 1801, was 153; in 1811, 165; in 1821, 194; in 1831, 266; in 1841, 210; and in 1851, 293 souls. THE VlLLAGE of Lucker is situated about four miles west by south from Bambrough Castle, and consists of the chapel, the parsonage house, a corn mill, a farm house, an inn, and a few scattered cottages. THE CHAPEL is surrounded by a graveyard, and is not remarkable for its style or beauty. The living, a perpetual curacy, returned at £100 per annum, is in the patronage of the Duke of Northumberland. The Rev. L. S. Orde, M.A., is incumbent, and the Rev. George Prince Hall, M.A., curate. Lucker Hall and the Parsonage are respectable residences. Here is a station on the York, Newcastle, and Berwick Railway." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].