Hide

National Gazetteer (1868) - Lucker

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

"LUCKER, a township and chapelry in the parish of Bamburgh, N. division of the ward of Bamburgh, county Northumberland, 4 miles S.W. of Bamburgh Castle, and 4 S.E. of Belford, its post town. The North-Eastern line of railway has a station here. The village is a small agricultural place. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Durham, value £62. The chapel is a stone edifice. Here is a school for the children of both sexes, conducted on the National system. Lucker Hall is the principal residence. The Duke of Northumberland is lord of the manor."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]