"RENNINGTON is a chapelry, township, and village, the property of the Duke of Northumberland, and comprises 1,812 acres, of which the rateable value is £2,069 18s. Its population in 1801, was 252; in 1811, 270; in 1821, 272; in 1831, 273; in 1841, 245; and in 1851, 269 souls. THE VILLAGE of Rennington occupies a sheltered situation three and three quarter miles north-east by north of Alnwick. THE CHAPEL, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient edifice, the register of which commences in 1768." [From History, Topography, and Directory of Northumberland, Whellan, 1855].
"RENNINGTON, a chapelry in the parish of EMBLETON, southern division of BAMBROUGH ward, county of NORTHUMBERLAND, ...." [Samuel Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 © Mel Lockie]