Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
ALBURGH is a village 14 miles S. of Norwich, 3 miles N.E. by N. of Harleston, and 5 miles W. of Bungay. The parish comprises 1514 acres, and contained in 1841, 589 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Able Mrs. C. Algar Mr. James Blofield Watling bricklayer Bootman John blacksmith Coombe Rev. J.A. Debenham John grocery dealer Devereux Benj. painter, glazier, &c. Dunn Charles 'King's Head' Dunn Isaiah grocery dealer Moore Robert bricklayer Read Samuel bricklayer Strainge J. wheeler Todd Noah bricklayer Farmers. Bond Barnabas Murrell John Brock John Parker Isaac (& joiner) Patrick William Denny John Rackham John Devereux Benjamin Spelman Isaac George Doughton Michael Youngs John Harvey Thomas Youngs Samuel Legood Jeremiah Youngs S. jun. Miles Isaac Youngs Sarah
CARRIER to Norwich, Tidnam, W. & S. - Letters via Harleston
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
See also the Alburgh parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.