William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1864
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
The description of the parish has not been transcribed because it is similiar to that in White's Directories for 1845 and 1883.
These are the names in the text that are not included in the list of residents and tradespeople, below:
Carpenter Colman Edw. H., Esq. Foster Sir Wm. Bart Kia Robert de Mapleston J.
This is the list of the tradespeople and the most prominent residents.
POST OFFICE at Wm. Lee's. Letters despatched via Beccles at 3.25 p.m.
Banns George bricklayer Beare Robert, jun. victualler, Dun Cow Beckett Robert corn miller Boycott Rev. Arthur Wm., B.A. Parsonage Futter James parish clerk Garwood James station master Grimmer James carpenter Haken Elizabeth Ann National School Lee Wm. shopkpr Mills Alfred grocer and draper Mills George boot and shoemaker Newson William wheelwright Pooley Rbt. woodman Tibbenham Arthur pork butcher Tibbenham Henry vict. Three Tuns Ward Noah market gardener Wright Aaron bricklayer FARMERS. (* are Owners.) Beare Robert (and * Hunt Robt. Priory butcher) Lurkins James Bloomfield John * Maplestone John Brown Edw. Hall Muttitt William * Carman Allington Prior Maria Chandler Mrs Sutton Richard Grimmer Charles Weavers William
See also the Aldeby parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.