Alderford is one of the few places in the county for which a census before 1841 containing names survives.
This Norfolk Record Office document [with the reference PD 43/27] is on 3 sheets of paper, the breaks being indicated by [Page n] which are not on the original.
[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
The census contains the following names and the numbers in brackets refer to the page numbers on which they occur.
|Bacon (1) |
|Little (3) |
The Census Document
The census contains the following information.
Population of Alderford 1831
|Benjamin Stimpson Ser||58|
|Benjamin Stimpson Jur||23|
[End of Census Document]
- All shorthand contractions in the document have been reproduced as written.
- The gaps between blocks of names are believed to indicate households which if correct would equal 8.
- There are 40 people listed above and White's 1845 gives a population of 44.
- See also the Alderford 1841 census which shows :-.
- Gage family are now named Gedge.
- In the RAINER family above the surname after Susan was blank. She is now enumerated as Susan Rayner aged 15 [where age has been rounded down to nearest 5 years].
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.