White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
ASHBY, 7½ miles S.E. by E. of Norwich, and 3 miles N.N.W. of Loddon, has in its parish 263 souls, and 436 acres of land, belonging to several owners.
Sir Chas. H. Rich, Bart., is lord of the manor; and he and Sir W. B. Procter are alternate patrons of the rectory, valued in K.B. at £6, and consolidated with Carleton St. Peter, which see.
The CHURCH (St. Mary,) has a square tower and three bells. The tithes here have been commuted for £176 per annum.
Eldon Richd. wheelwright
Hupton Rev. Job Baptist minister
Mansfield Daniel beer seller
Mayes Mr. James
Smith Robt. & Jno shoemakers
Young Wm. miller
See also the Ashby St. Mary parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.