Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BANHAM is a village 16 miles S.W. of Norwich, and 5 miles E. by N. of East Harling. The parish comprises an area of 3714 acres, and the population in 1841 was 1165. Post Office at Robert Turvey's. Letters delivered at 8 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts, via Attleborough, at 6. p.m.
Alderson George 'Red Lion,' and bricklayer Armes Isaac miller and baker Bales John tailor Barnard Thomas tailor Bradley John shoemaker Browne Sarah shopkeeper Chapman George blacksmith Cracknell Wm. painter, glazier, &c. Davy Charles shoemaker Davy William shoemaker & beershop Esling Mrs. Henry Fisher J. cattle dealer Gaymer William 'Crown' Gilbert George brickmaker Gilbert Robert millwright Hewitt James butcher Holmes Mrs. Mary Humphreys Francis shoemaker Humphreys William gardener Humphreys William millwright Hunt John and Jonathan joiners and brickmakers Hurrell John whitesmith Jolly Elias cattle dealer Kemp Robert carrier Kemp Stephen beer retailer Legrice Samuel grocer and draper Ludkin Henry joiner Mark Wm. shoemaker & parish clerk Mexey - schoolmaster Newell Mr. Robert Page Thos. jun. wheeler (& gig mkr.) Pilgrim Charlotte ladies' school Spurling William wheeler Surtees Rev. John rectory Taylor John bricklayer Taylor Henry carpenter Turner Joseph Gilbert tea dealer and chemist Turvey Robt. tailor and post office Wells George miller and constable Weston Wm. shoemaker & beershop Farmers. Dix Robert Newson George Gall James Page Thomas Germany John Palmer Foster Gunns Robert Phillips Mrs. Hewitt James Rich Thomas Humphreys Chapman Roper Edward Hunt James Spurling William Moore Charles Wells Mary Murrell George Wick John, jun.
CARRIER to Norwich, Kemp, Sat. at 7 morn.
See also the Banham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.