"BECKHAM, (EAST) 4 miles E. by N. of Holt, has only 56 souls, and 735 acres of land. W.H. Windham, Esq., is owner of the soil, lord of the manor, and impropriator. The Church (St. Helen,) has long been in ruins, finely mantled with ivy. The inhabitants use Aylmerton church, and the impropriator allows the rector of that parish a yearly modus of £20." [William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
See also West Beckham.
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Repps, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Helen.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from East Beckham to another place.
East Beckham is in North Erpingham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for North Erpingham Hundred
- Description of North Erpingham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which East Beckham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TG157400 (Lat/Lon: 52.914182, 1.206179), East Beckham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)