Norfolk: East Beckham
William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1883
BECKHAM (EAST), 5 miles E. by N. of Holt, is in Erpingham union, Holt county court district, Norwich bankruptcy district, North Erpingham hundred and petty sessional division, Cromer polling district of North Norfolk, Repps rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 45 inhabitants in 1871, living on 735 acres, and has a rateable value of about £600. The trustees of the late W.H. Windham, Esq., are the owners of the soil, lords of the manor, and impropriators.
The CHURCH (St. Helen) has long been in ruins, finely mantled with ivy. The inhabitants use Aylmerton church, and formerly the impropriators allowed the rector of that parish a yearly modus of £20.
Bird George farmer, The Hall Emery William farmer Fields Samuel farmer Rounce Hillary farmer
From ADDITIONS AND CORRECTIONS on pages 13-16:
"insert 'Post from Dereham.'"
See also the East Beckham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.