William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BEIGHTON, on a gentle eminence, 2½ miles S. by W. of Acle, and 10 miles W. of Yarmouth, has in its parish 288 souls, and 1016 acres of land, belonging to Magdalen College, Oxford, the Rev. J. Burroughes, Cyrus Gillett, W. Fowler, Mrs. Walker, and a few smaller owners; but Robert Fellowes, Esq., is lord of the manor and patron of the Church, (All Saints,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £13, and now enjoyed by the Rev. Thomas Lyon Fellowes, A.B., of Lingwood. It has 9A. 2R. 18P. of glebe, and the tithes have been commuted for £420 per annum.
The Poor's Allotment, 9A. 33P., awarded at the enclosure in 1803, is let for £20 a year.
Barker Wm. tailor
Brundell Robert blacksmith
Carver James cattle dealer
Gillett Rev. Edward curate
Goff Jas. wheelwright
Howard James shopkeeper
Miles Wm. vict., Lord Nelson
Walker Mrs. Mary
Wells Mrs. Maria Lincoln Hall
See also the Beighton parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.