William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BEXWELL parish, 1½ mile E. of Downham, has only 70 inhabitants, three houses, six cottages, and 1,104 acres of land, belonging to Sir Thos. Hare, Bart., E.R. Pratt, Esq., and Mrs. Doyle.
The CHURCH (St. Mary) is a small edifice, chiefly of car-stone, with a tower half round and half triangular, and one bell. The discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7 11s. 8d., and in 1831 at £380, is in the gift of the Bishop of Ely, and incumbency of the Rev. E.J. Howman. The glebe is about 40A., and the Poor's Land 6A.
The principal residents are the Rev. Edward John Howman, Rectory; and Alfred and Chas. Muskett, farmers.
See also the Bexwell parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.