William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1864
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BILLOCKBY, 8½ miles N.W. of Yarmouth, is a small parish, with only 46 inhabitants, and about 380 acres of land, belonging to Robert Joy, Esq., and Miss Brown, the former of whom is lord of the manor.
The Church (All Saints) is in ruins, except the chancel. The rectory, valued in the King's Book at £2. 8s. 9d., was augmented in 1780 and 1792, with £400 of Queen Anne's Bounty. The Rev. Charles John Lucas, M.A., of Burgh, is patron and incumbent. The tithes have been commuted for £147. 10s. per annum.
The Poor's Allotment, 4A. 1R. 30P., was awarded at the enclosure in 1804, and is now let for £9 per annum.
The principal inhabitants are
Gown Robert farmer Manship George farmer Steward James farm bailiff
POST from Norwich, via Burgh.
See also the Billockby parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.