"BODHAM, near the source of the small river Glaven, 3 miles E. of Holt, has in its parish 292 souls, and 1506 acres. J. T. Mott, Esq., owns most of the soil, and is lord of the manor and patron of the Church, (All Saints,) which is a discharged rectory, valued in K. B. at £9, and now enjoyed by the Rev. J. A. Partridge, M.A." [William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
See also Bodney.
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Holt, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
- Archdeacons' Transcripts
- Baptisms 1729-1811, Marriages 1729-1810 and Burials 1729-1812.
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bodham to another place.
Bodham is in Holt Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Holt Hundred
- Description of Holt Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Bodham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of claims (35): Bodham.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1808.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Bodham Inclosure Act, 1808.
An act for inclosing lands in the parish of Bodham, in the county of Norfolk: 27th May 1808.
[London, George Eyre and Andrew Strahan, 1808]
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TG125402 (Lat/Lon: 52.917028, 1.159485), Bodham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)