William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Richard Johns]
BOOTON, a village and parish, 6 miles S.W. by W. of Aylsham, and 1½ miles E. by S. of Reepham, has 241 souls, and 1,011 acres of land, mostly the property of Hastings Elwin, Esq., the lord of the manor, and patron of the Church, (St. Michael,) which is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7. 12s. 6d., and now enjoyed by the Rev. Caleb Elwin, of Melton Constable. The tithes have been commuted for £294. 10s. per annum. At the enclosure, in 1811, an allotment of 20A., was awarded to the poor, for fuel.
Alden Jerh. vict., King's Head
Barrett Robert corn miller
Bircham Samuel, Esq. Booton Hall
Parsons Henry, Robert,
Sewell Richard Pescod
See also the Booton parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.