William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845[Transcription copyright © Helen Neave]
BRADFIELD, 2 miles N.N.W. of North Walsham, has in its parish 195 souls, and 719 acres of land, belonging to Lord Suffield, the patron of the Church (St. Giles,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3. 15s. 7½d., and now enjoyed by the Rev. G. L. W. Fauquier, B.A.; but one moiety of the tithes (£55 a year) form a donative annexed to Thorpe Market. The rector has £160. 10s. a year in lieu of tithes, and 2A. 2R. 28P. of glebe.
The Independents have a chapel here.
Allison John bone crusher Cork John and Robert wheelwrights Hurst Mr. Charles farmers. Ampleton Thomas Barber Robert Goulden James Grimes Francis Larner James Pull Ann Sewell James Scottow Wm. Wright Wm.
See also the Bradfield parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.