Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BROCKDISH is a village 22 miles S. of Norwich, 2½ miles W.S.W. of Harleston, and 5 miles east of Diss. The parish comprises 1054 acres, and contained in 1841, 466 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Aldous John blacksmith Austin Thomas butcher Booty William tailor Barkway Charles fellmonger and beer retailer Burt Thomas grocer and draper Brooks Robert carpenter Cooke Amos shoemaker Evans James shoemaker Girling Anthony 'King's Head' Hart George tailor Jackson John grocer Larner John grocer and draper Kemp Charles bricklayer Norman Robert 'Greyhound' Smith Charles saddler Taylor William saddler Walne Thomas parish clerk Farmers. Brigham Maria Brigham Thomas Coleman Charles Mullenger - Soames Isaiah Vyse John Warne -
See also the Brockdish parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.