Norfolk: Brumstead


William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright © Peter Green]

BRUMSTEAD, or Brunstead, 7 miles E.S.E. of North Walsham, and 16 miles N.N.E. of Norwich, has 116 souls, and 789 acres. The Earl of Abergavenny is patron of the Church, (St. Peter,) which is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6.5s.7d., and now enjoyed by the Rev. Horatio Nelson Wm. Comyn, B.A., who has a good residence, 22a.3r.16p. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £240, recently awarded in lieu of tithes.

The other principal residents are, Mr Cubitt Durrant, lord of the manor, and owner of a great part of the soil; John Newman, sen., landowner; John Newman, jun., farmer; and Thos. Riches, blacksmith.

See also the Brumstead parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
January 1999