Norfolk: Old Buckenham
Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BUCKENHAM (OLD,) is a village 16 miles S.W. of Norwich, 3 miles S. by E. of Attleborough, and 1 mile N. by W. of New Buckenham. The parish comprises 4812 acres, and contained in 1841, 1255 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Adamson William schoolmaster Bales John butcher Burlingham Jno. and Sons millers and corn and seed merchants Chapman Thomas blacksmith Daynes John beer retailer Fulcher Rev. Thomas, B.A. (curate) Gage Thomas bricklayer Haylett John painter, glazier, &c. Holl George Taylor 'White Horse' and watchmaker Houchen Edward beer retailer and shoemaker Kibberd Robert wheelwright Lancaster Joseph butcher Lancaster Susan school Long David baker Loveday Jn. blacksmith & founder Mordey John beer retailer and shoemaker Mounseer Mrs. Norton John carpenter Palmer James grocer and draper Petley William veterinary surgeon Philips Abraham carpenter Philips Jacob carpenter Potter Amos grocer and draper Potter Amos tailor Punt John blacksmith Smith John shoemaker Smith Robert wheelwright Farmers. Bagwell John Last Richard Bales William Long John Bird Richard Palmer Edward Colman William Palmer Ellis Davy William Palmer James Drake Thomas Peck Richard Hewitt James Rodwell Thomas Hewitt Samuel Salter George William
See also the Old Buckenham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.