Norfolk: Great Ellingham
Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
ELLINGHAM (GREAT), a village 15 miles S.W. of Norwich, and 2 miles N.W. of Attleborough. The parish comprises an area of 2530 acres, and the population in 1841 was 838. Post-Office at Charles H. Hannent's. Letters delivered at 9 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts, via Attleborough at 6 p.m.
Barnard Lydia grocery dealer Bartram John beer retailer Brooks William wheelwright Castleton Jonas blacksmith Chaplain William wheelwright Chapman James 'Chequers' Cragg Mr. James (baptist minister) Dennis Benjamin parish clerk Fielding Jeremiah miller Foulsham John beer retailer Hannent Chas. Hy. grocer & draper Houchen Stephen shoemaker Lane Aaron baker Lebbell Robt. 'Crown' & blacksmith Leeder William, jun. farrier Leeder William, sen. farrier Matthews Robert shoemaker Poll Robert gardener Smith James shoemaker Stebbings Michael butcher Watts Henry grocer Wilkins William shoemaker Farmers. Adams Henry Barnard Benjamin Hall Barnard James (& corn merchant) Barnard John Brighton William Chapman James (and dealer) Colman Henry Downes William Mann Mary Rivett Jonathan Turner Joseph Warren Samuel (and tanner) Wright Phillis
See also the Great Ellingham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.