William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
FREETHORPE, 8 miles W. by S. of Yarmouth, and 12 miles E.S.E. of Norwich, has in its parish 388 souls, and 903 acres of land, including 34A of commons. It belongs mostly to R.H.V. Walpole and R. Nevill, Esqrs., and partly to Robert Gilbert, Esq. They are also impropriators of the rectorial tithes, and the two former are lords of the manor.
The Church (All Saints,) is a vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £12, and consolidated with Reedham rectory. (See page 498 [which is the entry for Reedham].) It has 9A. 2R. 30P. of glebe, and was augmented with £400 of Queen Anne's Bounty in 1760 and 1784.
Carter William blacksmith
Crane Thomas shopkeeper
Farman John B. vict., Rampant Horse
Farman Henry tailor
Green Henry joiner
Hunting Daniel John veterinary surgeon
Mallett John shoemaker
Read Rd. brickmaker
Wales James saddler
Wells Henry wheelwright
Cockerill Daniel John farmer
Read Richard farmer
Worm Henry farmer
Bean Richard carrier to Norwich, Saturday
See also the Freethorpe parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.