William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845HANWORTH, a parish of scattered houses, 5 miles N. of Aylsham, contains 293 inhabitants, and 1165 acres of land, belonging to Lord Suffield, and the Executors of the late Philip Wynell Mayow (sic), Esq., the former of whom is lord of the manor and patron of the church, and the latter own HANWORTH HALL, a handsome modern mansion of brick, standing pleasantly in a verdant and finely wood-park (sic), broken into bold undulations, and laid out with much taste. Mr. Mayhow died in December, 1844, and the hall is about to be sold.
The CHURCH (St. Bartholomew,) is a vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £5. 1s. 8d., and consolidated with Gunton rectory. Hanworth tithes were commuted in 1839, for the yearly rents of £197 to the impropriator, (Lord Suffield;) £91 to the vicar; and £2 to the rector of Aldby.
Durrell Joseph post office Chapman Jas. wheelwright Chapman John blacksmith Heath Rev. Charles rector Howes Henry bricklayer Ives George blacksmith Lambert Richd. shoemaker farmers. Bacon Saml Cooper Benj. Helsdon John Hicks John Press Robt. Suffling Mary
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
See also the Hanworth parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.