William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845[Transcription copyright © Ann Duncan]
HARDWICK, 5 miles N. of Harleston, and 12 miles S. of Norwich, has in its parish 269 souls, and 856 acres of land, held by several owners; but F. B. Frank, Esq., is lord of the manor, and patron of the discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £5, and consolidated with Shelton.
The Church (St. Margaret,) has a nave and chancel, and some remains of a tower. The glebe here is 7A. 3R. 11P., and the tithes were commuted, in 1837, for £267. 13s. per annum.
The Wesleyans have a chapel here.
Constable James blacksmith Copping Samuel wheelwright Copping Southall shoemaker Goodswen Jonas miller Mason Jonathan vict., Rose and Crown Mullinger Thos. shopkeeper Vipond James joiner farmers (Marked * are owners.) Brown James *Cox John Keable George Lighton Richd. and Robt. Moore Robert Soames Daniel *Vipond James *Willby James and Richard
See also the Hardwick parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.