Honingham is about 7 miles N. of Wymondham.
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Hingham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
- Church of St Andrew
- Description and pictures.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Honingham to another place.
Honingham is in Forehoe Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Forehoe Hundred
- Description of Forehoe Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Honingham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- Historical Outline by the PRO.
- Based on census information.
- Sambrook, J.J.
- Honingham Hall, Norfolk.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society, in "Norfolk Archaeology" vol.34, 1969]
- Great Britain: Statute
- Honingham Inclosure Act, 1812.
An act for inclosing lands in the parish of Honingham, in the county of Norfolk.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TG103118 (Lat/Lon: 52.662693, 1.108073), Honingham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)