- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- The Church of St Edmund the Martyr, Horningtoft: Memorial Inscriptions.
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, before 2000]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Brisley, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Edmund the Martyr.
- Church of St Edmund
- Description, history and pictures.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Horningtoft to another place.
Horningtoft is in Launditch Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Launditch Hundred
- Description of Launditch Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Horningtoft has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- Great Britain: Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of Claims: Wysingsett, otherwise Whissonsett, Stanfield and Horningtoft.
[Names of People in the Statement of Claims]
- Great Britain: Parliamentary Bill
- A Bill for Inclosing Lands in the Parishes of Whissonsett, Stanfield, and Horningtoft, in the county of Norfolk: 21 Feb 1812.
[London, Luke Hansard and Sons, 1812]
- Great Britain: Statute
- Whissonsett, Stanfield and Horningtoft Inclosure Act, 1812.
An act for inclosing lands in the parishes of Wysingset otherwise Whissonsett, Stanfield, and Horningtoft, in the county of Norfolk: 9th June 1812.
[London, George Eyre and Andrew Strahan, 1812]
[London, G. White, 1812]
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF936231 (Lat/Lon: 52.770993, 0.867833), Horningtoft which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Horningtoft Heritage Society
- Aims, projects, etc.