Norfolk: Horstead with Stanninghall
Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
HORSTEAD-cum-STANNINGHALL, a village 7 miles N.N.E. of Norwich. The parish comprises 2586 acres, and contained in 1841, 625 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Amis Robert shoemaker Baldwin John bricklayer Bird Edward shoemaker Blake Thomas, Esq. LL.D. Brightwen Thomas, Esq. Horstead House Burrell George blacksmith Collins John 'Recruiting Sergeant' Coman John tailor Cooke and Gambling millers Cooke Mr. Samuel Mill House Copland George coal dealer Ewing John grocery dealer Foulger John blacksmith Lee John miller Norgate Maria day school Partridge Mr. Robert Suffield Dowager Lady Hall Thackery Rev. Joseph (rectory) Wright James corn, coal and timber merchant Farmers. Cooke William Mayes William Foster John Page Philip Gostling John, jun. Pretty John Gostling William Smith Richard Lovick James Utting John (Stanninghall)
CARRIERS to Norwich, Barnard, Mon. Wed. Fri. & Sat. 9 morn. and Edwards, Mon. Wed. & Sat. 9 morn.
See also the Horstead with Stanninghall parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.