William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Pamela Littlefair]
KILVERSTONE, in the vale of the Thet river, 1¼ mile E. of Thetford, is a parish, with 47 inhabitants, and 1869 acres of sandy land, the property of John Wright, Esq., who resides at the Hall, a nea mansion of flint, in a pleasant park, extending down to the river.
The Church is a small edifice, with a low round tower, and the living is a rectory, valued in the King's Book, at £7. 14s. 9d., and now having 26A. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £140, in lieu of tithes. The patronage is in the crown, and the Rev. Thos. Methold, of Thetford, is the incumbent.
Besides the Hall, here are only a few cottages.
See also the Kilverstone parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.