Norfolk: Genealogy: email to Mike Bristow
- The various Norfolk pages to which my name is attached are believed to be correct.
- Other pages on Norfolk will be added in time. Errors will be corrected asap.
- I regret but I am NOT able to help with your family tree problems. Please see "Further Research pointers" below where there are lookup contacts, mailing lists etc. I respond privately to questions placed on the newsgroups and Norfolk genealogy lists only if I am able to help. Your questions have much more chance of success when viewed by a large number of people. This is particularly true for the specific county lists.
- I would be pleased to receive messages about any of the Norfolk Genealogy pages for which I am responsible. This might be additional information, updates or corrections. In all cases please quote the original reference document where the facts were found.
- My electronic mail address is [remove the double quotes]
"mcbristow" followed by the AT symbol
Further Research pointers
Other pages which may answer your questions are :-
- the Norfolk pages
- or information for the whole country in the GENUKI pages (the UK and Ireland Genealogy Service)
- or advertising by non-members in the Norfolk Ancestor (see Journals under sitemap).
- or requesting help from Norfolk Genealogists.
- or joining the Norfolk Surnames List run to put people (anyone can submit details) in touch who are researching the same surnames.
One does not have to be a member of any FHS, you just need an email address.
- or see Norfolk FHS pages
- or see Mid-Norfolk FHS pages
All of the web pages for Genuki Norfolk and the Norfolk FHS are copyright. This includes (and is not restricted to) the text, the images, the layout of the pages, and the underlying code. It also applies to transcriptions when the original works are out of copyright, because in this case it is the transcription that is copyright, not the text.
Permission is granted to link to the pages from other web sites, and to download or print pages for personal use, provided that Genuki Norfolk, or the Norfolk FHS are mentioned as the source, and all included attributions, including the author's name, are retained.
Note that no one may take a copy of a page and put it online, in whole or in part, or in a modified form. We are able to recognise pages, even when the headers, footers and copyright notices have been removed, and we take action against people who infringe copyright.
I am a member of the Norfolk Family History Society and the Society of Genealogists.
I hope you have found the information so far available useful.