Marshland St James
"Marshland St James is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 25.69 km2 (9.92 sq mi) and had a population of 1,137 in 456 households at the 2001 census, increasing to 1,209 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk." [Wikipedia]
Marshland St James is about 11 miles S.W. of King's Lynn.
It was created as an ecclesiastical parish in 1922, and as a civil parish in 1935, from parts of Clenchwarton, Emneth, Terrington St Clement, Terrington St John, Tilney All Saints, Tilney St Lawrence, Tilney cum Islington, Walpole St Andrew, Walpole St Peter, and West Walton. [from Kelly's Directory of Norfolk 1937]
- The parish is in the deanery of Lynn Marshland, in the archdeaconry of Wisbech.
- The parish church is dedicated to St James.
- Methodist Church
- Minister, services, picture, etc.
Follow the link to the home page, then search for the church.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Marshland St James to another place.
Marshland St James is in Freebridge Marshland hundred.
You can see the administrative areas in which Marshland St James has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF521095 (Lat/Lon: 52.661496, 0.247361), Marshland St James which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)