William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845MAUTBY, a parish 5½ miles N.W. of Yarmouth, has only 66 inhabitants, six scattered farm houses, and 1626 acres of land, of which 900 are arable, 200 meadow, and 450 marsh, including several modern plantations, and a decoy of nine acres.
Robert Fellowes, Esq., is patron of the rectory, lord of the manor, and owner of the whole parish, which was anciently held by the Mautebys, of whom there are some ancient monuments in the Church, which is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, and is a thatched fabric, with a tower half circular and half octagonal.
The rectory, valued in the King's books at £13. 6s. 8d., has 45A. 2R. of glebe, and is enjoyed by the Rev. Charles Fellowes of Shottisham.
The FARMERS are,
Brown Henry Decoy farm Gall James Rectory House Hewitt David Marsh House Pearce Wm. East House Waters Mark Mautby Hall Parfitt Joseph bailiff, Church farm
See also the Mautby parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.