William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1864
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
METTON, 3½ miles S. of Cromer, has in its parish 78 inhabitants and 660 acres of land, belonging to John Ketton, Esq., the lord of the manor and patron of the Church (St. Andrew) which is a small building, comprising nave, chancel, and square tower with two bells. It was restored and refitted with open seats in 1859, at a cost of £110. The discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7, is consolidated with Felbrigg. (See page 647 [which is the entry for Felbrigg]). The tithes of Metton were commuted in 1842 for £137.
The chief residents are -
Betts Rev. W.K. rector of Felbrigg with Metton farmers Bartram James Crowe Danl. Duffield Fras. Pank Edmund
POST from Norwich, via Roughton.
See also the Metton parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.